About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Monday, January 4, 2010

P.S. I Love Poo

Hello again beautiful souls. Yes I know that I said that today was my spa day and that I would be resting and relaxing. And I tried, I really did (honest), but a certain jerk friend of mine (cough, cough, Eddie, cough) thought that it would be a great idea to give me a movie the other night, that I then watch today (all part of my rest and relaxation right? WRONG!!), but he knew that after watching it my head was gona be spinning with ideas and shit (i know a jerk move right?!?!).
Ok so seeing as how I can't rest or relax I guess I should just do what I do best.
So the movie that happened to fall into my lap was entitled "P.S. I Love You". A great film (that I refuse to call a chick flick, cuz I ain't no damn chick and I enjoyed the hell out of it). So after watching the movie it got me to thinking about things. Cuz see what had happen was (let me give you the back story), so my queen and I sorta got into a disagreement last night (hard to really call it that though, I just don't wana call it an argument cuz it wasn't [maybe the beginning stages of one where you're like "uh oh, I can see where this is going" you get me?]), pretty much I said something that kinda came out wrong (via text) and she began to question the statement. So since I noticed how that statement coulda been taken I wanted to call her and explain what I really meant by it, but she had to wake up early the next morning for a new internship and stated that she was going to sleep (obviously not a good sign...). So I told her that I'd text her in the morning, which I did, to no response. So I decided to give her space, and when she was ready she'd let me know. So I went on about my day, and happened to pop in the movie and got to watching and it made me think...
...In the event that somehow I died between now and before the next time she and I talked what would I want her to know? I mean not to be morbid but death is just as much a part of life as birth is right? And none of us really know when we checking outa this hotel. For all I knew the trip that I took to the store earlier this morning could have been my last, right? Then I started to think about you guys, and what kind of lasting imagine I would want to leave in your eyes. I mean some of you I know very well and some not at all, but all of you I love. I've been doing this blog for only a short time but I feel as if I've been sharing so much.
So first to my Queen, well the ugly part is that the last interaction that we had, wasn't the most pleasant one, and obviously not the most ideal way to part. But not matter what was said or not said I would always want you to know that I love you with every inch that my itchy soul has to offer, infinity wouldn't be big enough to fit it all in. I'd never want you to go to sleep thinking that you were a replacement or a rebound. These past two years have been the most growing that I've done in my life, you have helped me become a better man and you have seen things in me that I didn't even know were there. It's taken me time to realize but I now know that you are my guardian angel. You've been there to help me see when i was too blind to decipher what was right in front of me. You are a gift that I wish that I had more time to appreciate fully, but I understand that death is hardly the end so I'm not worried about saying goodbye. It just makes me that much more excited for the next time that we meet. I know that we planned on growing old together and traveling the world and having children (and if I had it my way that would still be the plan), but for some unexplained reason the universe has deemed it necessary to take me now. I've learn that it's pretty much pointless to question and better to just accept. But in no way would I want you to stop moving forward because of me. Nothing would make me happier than to know that you were waddling around fat somewhere with a child in your belly creating a beautiful family. Because your happiness is what makes me happy. And I know that you would make a great mother and wife so why deprive the world of it? I know that our souls will be intertwined again later on in our journey so there's nothing to worry about there. Have fun and live life to the fullest. I Love you Poopy.
As for the rest of you itchy souls, I have nothing but hope and a deep love for you. I know that the hatred hinders progress, and want you all to promise me that you'll make it your new mission to spread love and unity to everyone you meet. This isn't about having a national love day or week, or January is the new "Love Month" because like holidays they come and go. No one thinks about family until Thanksgiving comes around, that's not how this is suppose to work people. This is about one love. Every day you have to wake up and spread it, like a disease. Everything you touch, every person you see send them love from me. And yes I'm aware that this sounds whack and corny but nothing is whack or corny about caring. Our problem as a society is that we've stopped caring, we don't feel anymore. Please people if it's my only dying wish, I wish for you to fight to love again. Fight to want want happiness, for yourself as well as your neighbor. This system that we live under has corrupted us and we hate it. The problem is that we think that there's nothing that we can do about it. But that's not true, if the whole world woke up tomorrow morning and decided that they weren't going to listen to anymore laws, or pay any more taxes, there is nothing that the 1% in power could do about it. We are not powerless, love is the most powerful thing there is. Fighting hate with love is the most gangsta thing you can do. Be willing to die for what you love. That's our problem, we've no longer have anything worth dying for. And if you don't have that, my question is, are you really living? Trust me, if we truly want to tap into the oneness of the universe this is how you do it. The killing, and fighting, and anger is doing nothing but polluting our atmosphere. No longer do we need and Malcolm or a Martin, or a Gandhi. They were individuals, great individuals, but individuals all the same. They knew the importance of people coming together as one. Please lets stop being followers and all becoming leaders of the love movement. Because the problem with Malcolm and the rest of them was that as soon as they died their movement lost great amounts of steam, until of course other people stepped up and continued to push forward. And that's what we all need to do, don't let this message die with me, or you. Pass it on, and give it legs so that it can run to the ends of the universe. It's time to wake up my itchy souls, we've been lied to and it's now time to scratch away our blinders so that we can finally smile at the truth.
I want every single one of you to know that you are Kings and Queens who are powerful. So shame on you if you decide to hide and let your power atrophy because you are worth more than that.



If I've wronged you, I've wronged myself, and for that I'm sorry, signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

3 comments:

  1. How great does it feel to announce the depths of your love you share with your queen? Your blogs go on in history long after we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo dat some deep shit ma dude...damn u should be a motivational speaker yo real rap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bittersweet thought came again from reading you scratch king. To think of the seperation of mind and body from love on this plain, forcing yourself to see the more singular entity that results in the pairing of souls is, simply put, beautiful. Thank you for sharing your itchy soul. I hope these intimate moments encourage us all to let our own souls to shine brightly.

    ReplyDelete