About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Beautiful As Can Be


So it's 5:30 in the morning and my soul for awhile has been feeling so heavy under the gravity on this planet. And for the longest time I've wanted to evaporate and just live as condensation on the glass ceiling of the universe. Because for I don't know how long it has just felt so unfair, like why me? But today I realized that I've been reading the tea leaves wrong, I've been running from this weight been pressed against the shoulders of my spirit, instead of flipping the script and hitting the gym to work out my calve and thigh muscles so that I can hold up this weight with ease. I've been begging and pleading with gOd asking her why has she been drawlin on me so crazy. And she speaks to me in broken english so i don't fully understand what she's saying but you get the gist of it (sorta like the koreans in the corner store, you not quite sure what the hell they be saying but somehow you always get what you ordered). And she told me "Beautiful (that what she calls me) the reason I been getting on you so heavy is because I knows that A. You can handle the weight of mount everest on your back while juggling chainsaws in one hand and doing taxes and macroeconomics with the other and B. Because once I lift this weight from around your being I need you to go and tell everyone what it means to really be alive. and Beautiful only you have the voice and the words beautiful enough to deliver this message to the people. Because I made you beautiful, Beautiful...
.....
I love you."

so tonight my awkward soul doesn't feel as itchy, signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

5 comments:

  1. I'm so loving this, like hard bodied. I have offically fallen in love with your blog Mr. Malik.

    You have a beautiful mind. Plain & Simple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. post #4. ow ow!
    kudo's to your lack of itchiness. I'm glad you're listening to someone out there. what's your purpose, legend? she's saying one thing to you-meanwhile, I think I'm being told "be still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel like i relate to this alot! was nice to hear it from someone else =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not losers, King, we are lasers

    ReplyDelete