About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Heartless


In the night I hear them talk
The coldest story ever told
Somewhere far along this road he lost his soul
To a women so heartless
How could she be so heartless...

Isn't it beautiful?
How a relationship that you worked 365 plus days to create,
can be destroyed in one conversation,
...one text,
...one message on facebook

Fate had crossed our paths so gorgeously,
like vines intertwined up the side of an old church
she saw me, then i saw her
...but i think i saw her first
...but who knows she might have beaten me to the glance
either way we talked for hours.
Our conversations had much ado about nothing,
but we both knew that these moments that we shared discussing how we both despised what the old Nickelodeon had become.
It went from being 'all that', to this garbage that they use to brainwash children with,
would one day grow, into a tall beautiful oak, who's roots were deeply connected to the earths core.
Little did we know, that we'd mistakenly planted seeds for a weeping willow.
But in the moment it was so perfect.
I mean she was bad.
Brains so beautiful that you could stare at them for hours,
she had these mind boggling powers,
and the ability to make smart look sexy...
But she instantly became as hideous as Medusa the moment she decided to believe his word over mine...

But I'm getting ahead of myself, anyway let me get back to the story

We flirted like squirrels chasing each other up and down tree trunks over acorns.
We kissed like jelly fish, tentacles wrapped so tightly around each other that the jaws of life stood no chance at separating us.
We loved like Noah and Alley, we had notebook dreams.
We laid under the stop light on George St. interrupted by nothing other than the shuttle bus nearly killing us.
We danced to no music, both wanting nothing more than our bodies crippled with age, but drinking each others juices which were our elixirs of life.
Laid up in a bed somewhere, cradled in each others arms like a mother and her new born,
both prepared to transcend into the next lifetime together.
Sadly things didn't turn out this way

I wanted to love her for an eternity.
But every time I extended my hand to her she always found a reason as to why we couldn't be.
I think it had something to do with my occupational choices,
clearly her father didn't think that a starving artist was suitable to take care of his daughter.
Of course she denied these accusations, but as soon as someone came along who fit the description,
...they were together
We decided to remain best friends.
Even though i wanted to run, break free of her shackles and follow the brightest star towards freedom.
But every time I did she always found some way to return me to the plantation,
...I've got a cherry tree on my back to prove it.
So I had to sit there, and watch him do what I knew that I could do better.
I'm not being cocky, she told me this.
But then again she told me a lot of things.
She told me that she loved me,
she told me that as soon as she was down using him for what ever it was she was using him for we'd be together.
I guess that should have been my first red flag.
I didn't realize that I was the one being used.
You see he was 99.9% the perfect boyfriend,
but whenever she wanted somebody to blow out her back she'd call me.
And since I was an artist I guess he thought I was "the gay friend"...
But he slowly came around to realizing the truth.
She once told that she'd never let anything come between us, but that's exactly what she did.
She knew what she wanted,
and when I was no longer convenient, I was tossed to the side, like the rag doll of a growing girl who was suddenly becoming most interested in boys.
It has taking this sheppard over a year and a half to right this poem,
because I refused to see her for what she really was
...A wolf, in sheep's clothing
Who went after what she wanted and got it.
But I'd like to retract my earlier statement,
because she's nothing close to heartless.
Because she still has mine, ripped out of my abdominal and store in a treasure chest buried probably right next to Davy Jones.
She was my Calypso.
And now I'm just a sailor lost at sea, looking for a light house to lead me home.
But they say home is where the heart is,
so since I no longer have one.
Does that make me forever homeless?

Finding my heart all over again..., signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

6 comments:

  1. They say home is where the heart is and since I no longer have one, does that make me homeless....hotness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of your best yet. I think this overtakes Dear King for me. Beautiful imagery. Glad you've healed enough to be able to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i love how you were man enough to admit you had your heart taken from you and you werent just puting on the front that you werent hurt or bothered by it. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart... i felt my friend saying these exact words to me... Thank you for this piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Every line. Every statement. Every metaphor. Every symbolic image. You're words have grasped me, even if only a few minutes. I pray you find love again. And that your weeping willow suddenly changes to become a magical maple tree. I see the sap in you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elijah Carl

    Speechless man. Any man from any backgroud can relate it to this. Thank for this piece

    ReplyDelete