About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Platypus Day!


So as I sit in this here Starbucks stealing their free wifi (is it stealing if it's free?) and not actually intending on being a paying customer, I'm looking at today's date...It is this platypus's first birthday! It has been one year since I started using this here patch to rant and rave about randomness, one year since I first admitted to you beautiful people that my soul itched. And it seems like just yesterday that I was writing letters about red puzzle pieces and scratching nostalgia. It's been a beautiful journey and I've gotten so much feedback from all of you who are officially itchy souls. To date this platy patch has had 12,193 page views, 8,864 visitors, 78 followers, a total of 33 post (including this one), and ya'll have been clicking from all over the world (Platypus World Wide!!!) New York, California, Atlanta, Singapore, Barcelona, London, Jedah, and a bunch of other places I've never heard of but am so happy that my words could reach. I really didn't think this would catch on the way it did honestly. I didn't think anybody would give two rats asses and a biscuit about what I thought or had to say. But you guys have followed, quoted, and made this whole thing so much fun for me.
Somebody asked me once who is the awkward platypus. And I told them whoever it was he's a freaking genius. As any good writer will tell you, I can't take credit for these words that you've enjoyed on this hear blog. I've had several post on here, that while writing I honestly don't know where the words came from. I'll like drift off in thought come back to and there's this poem sitting in front of me, with all of these uplifting and inspirational words. And I be like huh? Where this come from?!? Honestly there's times when I'll go back and read old post and be like "damn I can use this in my life right now! Who ever wrote this shit is a genius!" Then I'll realize oh yea I wrote this, then I'll pat myself on the back, lol.
I have to say that I've done a lot of growing and learned a lot over this past year. I think back to the night I wrote my first post, and where I was in my life. And so many things have changed all for the better, I no longer believe in "for worst" because everything that happens can be learned from, life is a positive experience.
I really wish I wasn't currently so scattered brain at this moment so I could actually focus on this post, but as things in my life have changed so have my priorities. And I'm currently in the process of taking life SAT's, standard test after scantron, and ten page essays...but I'm passing and I'll come out the other end stronger and much prettier (*kanye shrug*)
But any who I'd like to invite you all (old members and new) the browse my blog from November to November. See if anything new jumps out at you. And let me know which post is your favorite, I love hearing from you souls of itchiness. So give me feed back! (dammit!) let me know from your point of view how this blog has affected your journey over this past year, I'd love to know. Has it gotten worst? Better? Is it old news now? Let me know your thoughts.
I know that I've been posting a lot of poems lately, It's just that at this time in life that seems to be the best way for me to communicate the way I'm feeling. But don't worry I'm sure that those rants and randomness will be back soon enough. But until then...

My soul itches,signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

1 comment:

  1. To the Awkward Platypus:
    I heard this song and thought you'd find it funny.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt5ghXdq6Z0

    ReplyDelete