About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Monday, October 4, 2010

Stuck Between a Rock N' Rose


Howdy to all my fellow Platypi out there. I hope life is treating you to love yourselves more and more each day. Because if you don't, you can't be sure someone else will. I find myself tonight sending much LOVE and LIGHT to a beautiful soul who inspires me more than she probably even knows. I can honestly say that I am a groupie of this woman. I tell her all the time that I listen to her songs over and over on youtube, I'm not sure if she thinks I'm joking or not but like dead ass I have listened to this woman for entire days. Not only is her voice amazing but I think that there is a certain amount of integrity that an artist has to have in order for me to even actually like them. And I've had conversations with this woman and her soul is just so beautifully radiant. Her words vibrate off of the itchy spots on my soul and put my existence at ease (not even exaggerating). So Shea is her first name, Rose is her last and I'm sending her light tonight because she's at a moment of rediscovering the flower in her voice. And I believe she'll get through it just fine, but support is what I promised her and intend on being a platypus of my word. But before I continue any further I'd like to give you a taste of this lovely Rose...


"You'll Never Fade"
I'll meet you in the chambers of your heart
If your light were to fade,
I'd massage the walls till they were strong enough beat new shine
I'd never fear you falling silent
Because your voice is that of mother earth
Your vocal chords kiss each other and sound like mountains being born
...sound like the click, click, snapping of new galaxies
...sound like god's smile
...(if god's smile made a sound that is [which I'm sure it does])
I promise I'd inhale your essence until we were one
Breathe you?
Shoot, I'd Be You
You, I
We, One
Loving you would be as easy as smiling at my reflection
If your LIGHT fades
HEART breaks
The world could slip as far away as it wanted to,
Because I've already built you a garden to live in behind the twinkle in my eye
My INNER JOY would be to memorize your MUSIC and record it on my soul
So that all you'd have to do is look inside of me for yourself
Walking with you hand in hand down this road, I want to learn to become your only habit
If your heart ever happened to shatter into thousands of pieces
I'd sit with a stick of Elmer's glue, and piece you back together till we were whole again
If your LIGHT fades
HEART breaks
The world could slip as far away as it wanted to,
Because I've already built you a garden to live in behind the twinkle in my eye
My INNER JOY would be to memorize your MUSIC and record it on my soul
So that all you'd have to do is look inside of me for yourself
But to answer your question. Yes.
I will be the LIGHT at the end of your darkest days...

I told you that this woman inspires me! Honestly a beautiful soul if I've ever met one! If you haven't heard of her, I advise you to learn. Rock n' Rose! Yes, you read me correctly this woman rocks out as well! With an afro big enough to make Angel Davis walk by, turn around a say "Wooow!!"


So I hope that you lovely souls have been enjoying this post and this Queen and her glowing energy. If so just keep her and her precious voice in your thoughts and send positive LIGHT. Thank you! I love all of you! And I know that I can count on you guys. And Shea you already know the deal lady, I've already given you my three cents...enough said. Get better soon!
But I think I'ma leave you guys with my favorite unfinished sound by this woman. And I'ma keep bugging her until she actually finishes it and sings it to me in person. But this song (snippet of a song) has helped me clear my head and settle my thoughts many many times. I hope you enjoy...

I don't believe it was a coincidence we met on Symphony, signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

No comments:

Post a Comment