About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Leter From Moi


Hello all you itchy platypi out there, I'm glad that many of you were tickled by my last post to the objects who lack vocal cords out there. I was very pleased to get feedback from a lot of you telling me your favorite lines from the poem. Good thing too, that most of ya'll enjoyed it because that poem along with a few other post and poems will be available for purchase later on this year when my freshman album entitled 'This Title Has Nothing To Do With This Cd' drops in the later months of 2010. I've been putting a lot of work into this project and I'm pretty sure that it's destined for greatness. I've partnered of with a childhood teammate of mine William Wells, who continues to produce the most ridiculous tracks that I've ever encountered. He never fails to top the last great thing that he's done. It just couldn't be and more perfect a combination, honestly. So I'm really looking forward to the release of my album and the cross globe tour that will follow, and hopefully so are you. And since I'm so giddie and ready for it to be here already. I'm gona give you folk, my loyal platypumpkins a sneak snippet preview of the first single off the album. Some of you have heard this poem before, but you've never heard it like this, which is why I'm positive you'll soon be as excited as I am. But please enjoy! (AND COMMENT!!!!) I'll keep you updated as the project develops in the random greatness I'm planning for it to be.
A Letter to Queens - Hasan Malik (Produced by William F. Wells) by IamPlatypusPrime


A Letter to Queens

This is a letter, to the beautiful ebony skinned, even ivory Queens
who sit up on their throwns and demand nothing but respect

Dear,
Let me be your king, allow me to command my troops to protect and serve you how my mother taught me I should.
Because I'm not sure if you realize how precious you are, but you give birth to nations
my son will know when he's met his princess because her heart will be an exact replica of his mothers smile
a smile so powerful that it could bring King Kong to his knees
but so subtle that it can wipe away the tears from any bad dream or nightmare
because of you he will know what his duties are
because of my mother i know mine
this thing that we share is not a dictatorship, we're partners...
no scratch that, this is a tag team duo
you can be 'Animal' and I'll be 'The Hawk'
and in this ring we'll be known as 'The Legion of Doom', body slamming our way through hard times
and if a rough day ever gets me in a choke hold that I can't get out of, I will crawl across that canvas inch by inch towards your outstretched hand
and together we will show this thing called life what the 'Dooms Day Device' is all about.
Haven't you ever wondered why behind every strong man, there's an equally powerful women?
Its because, you're my energy source.
If you didn't wake up and shine so brightly every morning my petals would have no light to reach for.
We are photosynthesis in its most beautiful form,
our love creates colorful dreams that little blind children can play in during recess,
but it takes a responsible mothers loving, to remember to pack sunshine in their ninja turtle book bag so that they can enjoy it later during lunchtime
but don't worry, all of your hard work will be rewarded
after slaving a long day, i will massage the knots out of the family tree that you carry on your back,
using my fingers as archaeologist searching for the bones that hold the most secrets...
Queens
you are a mirror image of mother earth
global warming is nothing more than you going through hot flashes
see there's a reason why we're tryna save the polar bears
because us men have cut down your rain forest, which were once your beautifully flowing locs
and permed them out flat to make paper for far too long
and I'm just so tired of seeing the ice caps melting in your eyes
because without you, there'd be no me
I mean I'd be here but I'd just be floating around in space lost with no direction
so fellas its time for us to start thinking with our hearts instead of our erections
because none of our leaders of today would be anywhere if it wasn't for the women backing them
from Betty Shabazz to Michelle Obama
Coretta Scott
...King could not have built his dreams as high as he did, if he did not have the proper foundation supporting him
so i will continue to right letters like these
until the proper heirs to the throwns return to their seats,

And in closing
I'd like to apologize for taking part in destroying your beautiful image, and downgrading you to nothing more than a video vixen

Sincerely yours,
a young black man in training

P.S.
mother, I love you

Awkward is the new normal...platypus is the new purple, signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

3 comments:

  1. "I'm just so tired of seeing the ice caps melting in your eyes"
    Brilliant sir, very well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. this thing that we share is not a dictatorship, we're partners...
    no scratch that, this is a tag team duo
    you can be 'Animal' and I'll be 'The Hawk'
    and in this ring we'll be known as 'The Legion of Doom', body slamming our way through hard times
    and if a rough day ever gets me in a choke hold that I can't get out of, I will crawl across that canvas inch by inch towards your outstretched hand
    and together we will show this thing called life what the 'Dooms Day Device' is all about.

    this was absolutlely awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved every aspect of this beautiful letter... keep praisng us wondering women for others are sure to follow your foot steps...

    ReplyDelete