About Me

My photo
Hasan Malik is a master of awkward moments and creating unnecessary pauses... being normal is so boring. Trust me I've tried being average it's just not for me. So please join in moments of awkward platypusness and itchy souls because it's good for your health. Random is the name of the game. Internet, Check ✓

Monday, August 2, 2010

Where's That Darn Platypus Been?!?


Hello souls of awkwardness, hope that you have been lovely and divine in my absence. I've missed you much, just been caught up in life's lil whirlpool of living. And it's been hard for me to unscramble my thoughts and put them down on this here computer for your viewing pleasure. I do hope that you will be able to forgive me :) So what have I learned in my travels you ask? Well life is full of pot holes and speed bumps, and apparently Triple A takes forever and a lifetime to come out and help, so more than likely you been stuck dealing with it yourself (don't worry fixing a flat builds character). I've learned that although you may want something very badly not always does the universe agree, and sometimes your stuck in the passenger seat mad that you couldn't go to the Justin Bieber concert because gOd had other plans for your evening apparently. So it seems the best solution that I've found is to tuck and roll. I learned that from a guy who jumps out of moving vehicles for a living. He says that no jump is ever the same, always something a lil bit different about each. So there is no predicting how you'll land after this one. All you can do is tuck everything in and roll with it. Let life do with you as it pleases, Because it was gona anyway so why fight it? He proved his point be telling me that most drunk passengers in car crashes tend to get up and walk away from them because they were to wasted to brace themselves and there bodies just flowed with the motion. And normally the most they'll suffer from is a few scratches here and there. Tensing up implies that you believe that you can control your bodies movements in a speeding vehicle that weighs close to 4,000 pounds...come on now don't be silly. Wise words from a stunt man i do believe. But in no way do I want for you to be careless in life and just saying "fuck it, i can't lift a car so why bother?". Thinking wisely still applies, seat belts can still make a difference in the outcome of your collisions. So be smart in your journey through this thing called life, because you'll need it. I've also learned that life can be cute if you let it be. If you're not focusing on all the drawlin shit that keeps happening to you. You just might notice how the universe is also throwing you a lil life line to help you out of it (I know it seems insane to accept a flotation device from the very same one that has you drowning in the first place. But hey who else you gona turn to? Death? Nahh death will come one day for all of us, no need to go looking for it). So pay attention to the beautiful coincidences, remember I told you this, you'll smile when you see one. Hmmm I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to get my awkwardness back, but as a beautiful queen told me earlier today "things happen in their necessary times". So no need to wonder why it's taken so long, just be happy that it came back now and enjoy its presence because think about how you would've felt had it not had come back at all...
I love all of you, all of you who have made this blog possible. I think I'm end this thought stream here and prepare greatness for next one that I'll give you very soon. Just know that I'm always in awkward thoughts even when I'm not here with you. So I'm never far...

Always learning from mistakes means always growing, signing off
till next time
stay random

Internet, check ✓

6 comments:

  1. funny enough just before this was posted i was going to hit u up and ask you whats up with ur blog...turned out real good though =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good shit hasan....this made for some late night/early morning reading. i always enjoy reading your random ass thoughts, stay true

    Caringi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Platypus Prime? Is that really you? Thought you were dead lol. Sike na I dig the tuck and roll. Very true

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really appreciate your insight. You are a beautiful person, awkward or not. Just hope you are practicing your words when you are down. Good to know you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. missing the justin bieber concert ... lmbo classic hahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. check. will tuck and roll when necessary.

    ReplyDelete